- Internal Workplan
7. How to contribute
The basic things "everyone" can do are:
- complete missing words in concrete syntaxes
- add new abstract words in
Wordsand greetings in
The missing concrete syntax entries are added to the
.gf files for each language L. The morphological paradigms of the GF resource library should be used. Actions (prefixed with
AWant) are a little more demanding, since they also require syntax constructors. Greetings (prefixed
G) are pure strings.
Here are the steps to follow for contributors:
- Make sure you have the latest sources from GF Darcs, using
- Also make sure that you have compiled the library by
- Work in the directory
- After you've finished your contribution, recompile the phrasebook by
- Save your changes in
darcs record .(in the
- Make a patch file with
darcs send -o my_phrasebook_patch, which you can send to GF maintainers.
- (Recommended:) Test the phrasebook on your local server:
a. Go to
gf/src/server/and follow the instructions in the project Wiki. b. Make sure that
Phrasebook.pgfis available to you GF server (see project wiki). c. Launch
lighttpd(see project wiki). d. How you can open
gf/examples/phrasebook/www/phrasebook.htmland use your phrasebook!
Finally, a few good practice recommendations:
- Don't delete anything! But you are free to correct incorrect forms.
- Don't change the module structure!
- Don't compromise quality to gain coverage: non multa sed multum!